Child Care First Aid is a course designed for people who care for children: parents, home-care providers, nannies and teachers.
The Red Cross Standard Child Care First Aid Course with CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) is a comprehensive course focusing on childhood illnesses and injuries. The course is designed for child care workers in early childhood education, or for anyone desiring the skills and knowledge to deal with child and infant emergencies.
- Red Cross authorized.
- Includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines.
- Meets OHS basic first aid regulations.
- In Alberta this course is the requirement for day-care and day-home workers and meets the standards of the Alberta Family & Social Services department.
- Includes content with injury prevention
- Standard Full Course – 2 days
- Re certification Standard – 1 day
- Emergency Full Course – 1 day
- Re certification Emergency – 6 to 8 hours
(Note: to participate in a recertification course, legislation requires you to have a current first aid certificate at the time of the course.**International certificates are not valid in Canada)
Group rates may apply. We can run group courses at your facility if the size and classroom specifications are met.
Child Care First Aid Course Content:
- Red Cross
- Preparing to Respond
- EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway Emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation Emergencies
- First Aid for Respiratory & Cardiac Arrest
- Head & Spine Injuries
- Bone, Muscle, & Joint Injuries
- Wound Care
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Emergencies
- Childhood Illnesses
- Keeping Children Safe
- Written exam – Passing grade 75%
- This certification if valid for three years (or as legislation dictates)
- AED certification will also be included where local legislation permits (example: Alberta)
- What to bring:
- Copy of previous first aid ticket if you are recertifying
- Comfortable clothing (CPR will involve physical activity)
- In-door footwear
CANCELLATION and REFUND POLICY: Cancellation can be done UP to 5 business days prior to the seminar for a Full refund less a docking fee for credit card transactions . Such requests must be made by phone, via a confirmed conversation with the Allstar Enviro Safety representative or in writing (email or letter that is confirmed as received).
Students who register WITHIN the 5 business days prior to the seminar can submit a request in writing (email or letter that is confirmed as received) to the Allstar Enviro Safety representative for a one month credit for that course or one of equal value. Qualified substitutions of candidates can attend the program instead, with permission of the Instructor.
Students who withdraw the day before the class without substitution will forfeit their payment. Students who do not attend the course with no notice or are over 30 minutes late will forfeit their payment.
Allstar Enviro Safety and it’s representatives assume the right to cancel or substitute a course in which minimum registration is not met or for unforeseen circumstances. We will make our best effort to rebook the program, when possible and to advise the students or employers of the cancellation or date change.
Mailing Address: 239 – 4999 – 43 St SE, Calgary, Ab T2B 3N4
You Can Call Us at: