Level 1 and 2 – Classroom based. Level 2 with Practical Skills
Who should take this course:
Workers in seismic, survey, geophysical, and employees entering Bear Country in BC and Alberta. Helpful to recreational campers and others who may have a confrontation with Black or Grizzly Bears. This is not aimed at Hunters.
Level 1 and 2 – 3 year certification awarded after successful completion of program and exam.
Level 1 – May be certified through Alberta Safety Council
Level 2 – May be certified through Allstar Enviro Safety .
THEORY – Level 1
- Bear Ecology
- Bear Characteristics – Black Bears and Grizzly Bears
- Bear Behaviour
- Conflicts of Humans and Bears
- Defensive and Predatory encounters
- Bear Encounter responses
- Use of Non-Lethal Deterrents
THEORY – Level 2
- Critical human and bear conflicts and why they occur
- Traditional management techniques
- Hierachy of Controls – such as proactive control, behaviour controls, audio controls and contact controls.
- Food and garbage storage
- Set up of camps
- Practical use of Non-lethal Deterrents including bear spray and other bear aversion techniques. Noise Deterrents and physical deterrents Storage and transportation of aerosol containers and SDS
CANCELLATION and REFUND POLICY: Cancellation can be done UP to 5 business days prior to the seminar for a Full refund less a docking fee for credit card transactions . Such requests must be made by phone, via a confirmed conversation with the Allstar Enviro Safety representative or in writing (email or letter that is confirmed as received).
Students who register WITHIN the 5 business days prior to the seminar can submit a request in writing (email or letter that is confirmed as received) to the Allstar Enviro Safety representative for a one month credit for that course or one of equal value. Qualified substitutions of candidates can attend the program instead, with permission of the Instructor.
Students who withdraw the day before the class without substitution will forfeit their payment. Students who do not attend the course with no notice or are over 30 minutes late will forfeit their payment.
Allstar Enviro Safety and it’s representatives assume the right to cancel or substitute a course in which minimum registration is not met or for unforeseen circumstances. We will make our best effort to rebook the program, when possible and to advise the students or employers of the cancellation or date change.
Mailing Address: 239 – 4999 – 43 St SE, Calgary, Ab T2B 3N4
You Can Call Us at: