WHO SHOULD ENROLL IN FORKLIFT OPERATORS SAFETY TRAINING?
- Employees who are operating Scissor Lifts and Zoom Booms/Elevated Work platforms must be trained in thel operation of the AWP under the direction of a qualified person to demonstrate safe and efficient operation of the AWP
- Training must be performed under the supervision of a qualified person in an area that is free of obstructions until the trainee can prove their proficiency in independently operating the AWP.
3 year certificate awarded after successful completion of practical skills, classroom participation and exam. A wallet card and wall plaque from Allstar Enviro Safety are provided.
PRACTICAL OPERATION OF EQUIPMENT:
This dynamic program allows time for hands-on practical training while driving your companies Scissor lift or Elevated Boom Lift while performing various skills throughout an obstacle course. This is set up at your employers facility with your in house staff.
Each student receives an Operator Safety Training Performance Evaluation that is provided to the employer for recommendations on skill level and practice required.
Students receive a book with theory and guidelines for competent operation of a Elevated Work Platform. Scissor Lifts and Aerial Boom Lifts are covered.
- Students will learn the importance of performing a pre-start inspection
- Identify problems affecting the safe operation of the AWP
- Factors affecting equipment stability
- Understanding the placards and decals
- Perform a hazard assessment of the workplace before operating the AWP
- Review workplace safety rules and regulations
- Confirmation of proper authorization to operate
- Equipment preparation,repair log and inspection
- Equipment operation including capacities of the boom, stability, elevating, rotating, swing and
- Towing and emergency procedures
- AWP Equipment specifications and operator maintenance
An exam is administered to test the students knowledge. .
TIME LINE FOR PROGRAM:
We recommend one day for experienced drivers and 2 days for novice operators.This involves half classroom and half hands on experience.
Refresher classes are half to one day depending on size and experience level.
CANCELLATION and REFUND POLICY: Cancellation can be done UP to 5 business days prior to the seminar for a Full refund less a docking fee for credit card transactions . Such requests must be made by phone, via a confirmed conversation with the Allstar Enviro Safety representative or in writing (email or letter that is confirmed as received).
Students who register WITHIN the 5 business days prior to the seminar can submit a request in writing (email or letter that is confirmed as received) to the Allstar Enviro Safety representative for a one month credit for that course or one of equal value. Qualified substitutions of candidates can attend the program instead, with permission of the Instructor.
Students who withdraw the day before the class without substitution will forfeit their payment. Students who do not attend the course with no notice or are over 30 minutes late will forfeit their payment.
Allstar Enviro Safety and it’s representatives assume the right to cancel or substitute a course in which minimum registration is not met or for unforeseen circumstances. We will make our best effort to rebook the program, when possible and to advise the students or employers of the cancellation or date change.
Mailing Address: 239 – 4999 – 43 St SE, Calgary, Ab T2B 3N4
You Can Call Us at: