DEFENSIVE DRIVING FUNDAMENTALS AND ATTITUDES ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Defensive Driving Fundamentals and Attitudes is the comprehensive solution to provide your employees with the very best and current defensive driving and driver attitudes training.
This course includes ALL CONTENT from the Defensive Driving Fundamentals course and Defensive Driving Attitudes course in one program at a reduced cost. This is your BEST cost effective solution to provide your employees with this critical information.
DEFENSIVE DRIVING FUNDAMENTALS AND ATTITUDES ONLINE COURSE OBJECTIVES
Defensive Driving Fundamentals
Your drivers will learn:
- The Thinking Driver Five Fundamentals: our core defensive driving principles.
- How to use Thinking Driver’s Five Fundamentals of Defensive Driving to reduce risk and prevent vehicle incidents
Think and Look ahead:
- Understanding and applying advanced observation and recognition skills
- Eye lead time
- Scanning techniques
- Situational awareness
- Identifying Hazards
- Recognizing potential hazards before they become critical
- Predicting other traffic movements, and planning responses in advance
Keep your options Open:
- Space cushion driving
- Establishing and maintaining a safe following distance
- Optimum spacing at stops and intersections
- Freeway and highway space a risk management
Manage the Risk:
- How to make good decisions about minimizing risk in common driving situations
- Identifying safe speeds
- How to take proactive steps to reduce risk in critical situations
Control with Finesse:
- Maintaining vehicle balance and stability
- How to develop superior steering, braking and accelerator control
- Correct use of antilock brakes
Defensive Driving Attitudes
Behind the wheel it really is ALL ABOUT ATTITUDE and driver attitudes determine how your drivers respond to risk while driving. Defensive Driving Attitudes is the only eLearning program that makes drivers think about their motivations and the PERSONAL FACTORS that cause excessive risk taking and impulsive driving decisions.
What is a good driver?
- How our opinions of our own driving create judgments about other drivers
- Explores situations and the actions of other drivers that may cause irritation or changes in decision making as well as an increase in risk-taking behaviour
- Encourages a more tolerant outlook toward other drivers
- How stress affects drivers mentally, emotionally and physically to promote risk taking behaviour
- What drivers can do to reduce or manage stress and their reaction to it
- Anger is the most dangerous emotion when mixed with driving
- Understand two kinds of anger that can result in reactionary or risk taking driving actions
- Simple and effective anger management tools that can be used while driving
- How to avoid personal confrontations and road rage incidents
- Understanding the nature of aggressive driving
- How anyone can turn into an aggressive driver if stressed or provoked
- How to reduce risky driving actions which could cause incidents
- Reducing vehicle abuse, fuel and repair costs
- How willingness to take responsibility for resolving even bad situations in a positive way can reduce stress and empower drivers
- How unrealistic expectations of others leads to disappointment, stress and escalated risk tolerance
This course is invaluable for everyone who drives as part of their job and faces stress or pressure.
DEFENSIVE DRIVING FUNDAMENTALS AND ATTITUDES ONLINE COURSE DURATION: Approximately 2.5 hours
DEFENSIVE DRIVING FUNDAMENTALS AND ATTITUDES ONLINE TEST: Testing conducted throughout this online Defensive Driving Fundamentals and Attitudes course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
DEFENSIVE DRIVING FUNDAMENTALS AND ATTITUDES ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
DEFENSIVE DRIVING FUNDAMENTALS AND ATTITUDES COURSE PREVIEW