H2S COURSE OVERVIEW
Intended for workers who may be exposed to hydrogen sulphide in the workplace, this course provides information to help protect individuals from exposure and explains how to deal with emergencies involving H2S.
H2S AWARENESS COURSE TOPICS
- H2S properties and formation of the gas
- Where H2S is found geologically and chemically produced
- H2S statistics
- Atmospheric hazards
- Hazard assessment
- The hazard control hierarchy
- Legislated responsibilities
- Personal protective equipment
- Types of respiratory equipment such as SCBA and SABA
- Selecting the correct respiratory PPE
- H2S measurements
- Safe working limits and occupational exposure limits
- Detection devices for gas sampling
- Emergency scene management
- First aid for H2S exposure
H2S COURSE DURATION for PROGRAM: Approximately 2 hours
H2S ONLINE TESTING: Testing conducted throughout this online H2S course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants can repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved on the first attempt.
H2S ONLINE CERTIFICATE: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print. The certificate is valid for three (3) years.
UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLE WITH FOLLOWING OPERATING SYSTEMS: This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
H2S ONLINE PREVIEW