WHMIS 2015 ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This online WHMIS 2015 course aims to prevent workplace injuries, diseases, and deaths resulting from the storage and use of hazardous products. This course implements the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) standard for hazard classification and communication. By the end of this course, you will have the knowledge and understanding necessary to answer the following questions:
- What hazardous products could I be exposed to?
- Where do I find information about the hazards of these products?
- How do I protect myself?
- What should I do if an incident occurs?
WHMIS 2015 ONLINE COURSE TOPICS:
- Physical and health hazards
- Precautionary measures to protect your health and safety
- How to choose appropriate personal protective equipment
- WHMIS 2015 hazard classifications
- Hazard and safety information found on WHMIS 2015 labels
- WHMIS 2015 symbols and pictograms
- Information contained on safety data sheets
- Worker rights and employer responsibilities under WHMIS 2015
- The importance of education and training
WHMIS 2015 ONLINE COURSE DURATION: Approximately 2 hours
WHMIS 2015 ONLINE ASSESSMENT: Testing conducted throughout this online WHMIS 2015 course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course two times if the pass mark is not achieved on the first attempt. Print materials for this course can be accessed online.
WHMIS 2015 ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most Internet-capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
WHMIS 2015 ONLINE COURSE PREVIEW