BOOM TRUCK ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Cranes are the workhorses that have increased the productivity and economic growth in our mechanized world. They are widely used in mining, logging, construction, maritime, production and service facilities.
A versatile machines that can be used for many job applications from loading and unloading materials is the mobile crane. They frequently move loads and personnel up to hundreds of feet in the air.
Mobile cranes c are used to lift everything from small loads, to loads in excess of 75 tons and come in all sizes. To ensure safe operation and productivity, training is a necessity. This Boom Truck Online safety course meets the OSHA requirements for powered industrial boom trucks.It covers the following topics:
- the anatomy of the crane
- the importance of daily inspections
- crane stability and learn to understand load charts
- discuss crane setup and its safety considerations
- discuss hand signals and communications
- discuss rigging principles and its basics
- learn how to inspect and use lifting slings in a safe manner
- learn about ‘critical lifts’ and the required planning
- the 6 most common hazards associated with crane operation
BOOM TRUCK ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Introduction to boom trucks
- its Anatomy & Components
- Stability of the boom truck
Approximately 1.5 hours
Throughout this online course, testing is done to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved to receive a certificate of completion. Students can repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved. Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
BOOM TRUCK ONLINE COURSE PREVIEW