SHIPPING DANGEROUS GOODS BY AIR ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This is an entry level course designed for the beginner or anyone new to the regulations related to shipping dangerous goods by air. This course is also relevant to any individuals responsible for shipping dangerous goods (packaging goods and preparing shipping documentation).
It is recommended that students have or purchase a copy of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations. You may purchase a copy by contacting ICC Compliance Center at 1-888-442-9628 or www.thecompliancecenter.com.
SHIPPING DANGEROUS GOODS BY AIR ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Overview of the federal & international regulations (ICAO/IATA)
- Use of the IATA book
- Operator and state variations
- Classification of dangerous goods according to IATA (ICAO)
- Using the dangerous goods list
- General packaging requirements
- UN specification packaging
- Selecting a packing instruction
- Understanding packaging instructions for cargo or passenger aircrafts
- Marking and labeling
- Shipping documents
- Overview of placard requirements
- Segregation of dangerous goods
- Accidental releases and reporting
- Limitations and exceptions
- Security awareness
SHIPPING DANGEROUS GOODS BY AIR ONLINE COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 4 hours
SHIPPING DANGEROUS GOODS BY AIR ONLINE TEST: Testing conducted throughout this online Shipping Dangerous Goods by Air course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
SHIPPING DANGEROUS GOODS BY AIR ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing. This certificate is valid for two years based on IATA/ICAO regulations.