ALBERTA COMMERCIAL VEHICLE WEIGHTS AND DIMENSIONS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Transportation laws are put in place to ensure public safety and to prevent damage to roadways. As a commercial vehicle operator, it’s crucial that you understand and follow your province’s transportation laws. This Alberta Commercial Vehicle Weights and Dimensions course is designed as a general guideline to help you understand Alberta weight and dimension limits and the importance of adhering to them.
ALBERTA COMMERCIAL VEHICLE WEIGHTS AND DIMENSIONS COURSE TOPICS
- Factors that influence commercial vehicle weight allowances
- The legal load limit, required safety measures, and related exemptions
- Factors that determine the maximum allowable length for a vehicle and load
- The difference between primary highways and local roadways
- Road bans and their impact on you
- Conditions under which an over-dimensional permit must be obtained and used
ALBERTA COMMERCIAL VEHICLE WEIGHTS AND DIMENSIONS ONLINE COURSE DURATION: Approximately 120 minutes
ALBERTA COMMERCIAL VEHICLE WEIGHTS AND DIMENSIONS TESTING: Testing conducted in this online Alberta Commercial Vehicle Weights and Dimensions course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved. Supplemental materials that further reinforce the information in this course can be accessed online.
ALBERTA COMMERCIAL VEHICLE WEIGHTS AND DIMENSIONS CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
ALBERTA COMMERCIAL VEHICLE WEIGHTS AND DIMENSIONS ONLINE COURSE PREVIEW: