safetymom logo



Certified Health & Safety Consultant Canadian Red Cross Canadian Society of Safety Engineering

H2S knockdown encounter

I am a client of Allstar Enviro Safety. I told the instructor about my friend who was working in the Oil Sands as a Foreman Scaffolder. Two of his apprentices passed out due to exposure to H2S gas. Without getting respiratory protection, the foreman went to the aid of his fellow workers. Little did he know that they had already passed out from the Hydrogen sulphide exposure. He dragged these men to safety and passed out afterwards.


The foreman spend a lengthy time in the hospital getting better but was told by the physician that he may have taken 10-15 years off his life due to the H2S exposure!


Ryan Verboom Story told July 2014