Breakdowns and accidents are unplanned events. You never know if, when, where, or how they will happen. But every time you get behind the wheel, you need to be prepared for the worst.
This online Accident & Breakdown Procedures course is designed to
- Explore Why Procedures Matter
- Accidents and Incidents
- Knowledge Check: Accident vs. Incident
- Prevention and Preparedness
- Knowledge Check: Prevention and Preparedness:Response Kit
After completing this course, an understanding should be gained of:
- Distinguish between accidents and incidents
- Assemble and use an incident response kit
- Recognize the importance of complying with company procedures
- Protect the accident or breakdown area to prevent further incidents
- Describe what to do immediately following an accident
This online Accident & Breakdown Procedures course covers the following topics:
- Why do procedures matter
- Accidents and incidents
- Prevention and preparedness
- Response kit: forms
- Response kit: what to include
- Response kit: collecting information
- Company procedures
- Protect the area
- Using warning devices
- Notifying authorities
- Caring for the injured
Approximately 60 minutes
A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark.
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most Internet capable mobile devices with standard web browsing capabilities.