ACCIDENT/INCIDENT INVESTIGATION ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This course is designed to help individuals who will be investigating accidents/incidents understand the purpose and process of accident/incident investigation. It ensures they understand how to recognize and distinguish between immediate (or direct) causes of accidents/incidents and the underlying (or root) causes, and how to develop recommendations for corrective actions to prevent them from recurring. During this course, you’ll learn:
- The purpose and benefits of accident/incident investigation
- How to prepare for an investigation
- How to conduct an investigation
- How to recognize and distinguish to between immediate and underlying causes of accidents/incidents
- How to develop recommendations for corrective actions
ACCIDENT/INCIDENT INVESTIGATION ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- What is an “accident” and an “incident”?
- Why investigate accidents and incidents
- What should be investigated?
- Who should investigate?
- How are accidents caused?
- Accident sequence model
- Reporting accidents
- Preparing for an Investigation
- Investigating an accident
ACCIDENT/INCIDENT INVESTIGATION ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 120 minutes.
ACCIDENT/INCIDENT INVESTIGATION ONLINE ASSESSMENT
Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
ACCIDENT/INCIDENT INVESTIGATION CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
ACCIDENT/INCIDENT INVESTIGATION ONLINE COURSE PREVIEW: