Aerial lifts provide employees the convenience and accessibility to perform tasks, including utility maintenance and tree trimming, at elevated heights other types of equipment are not capable of or designed to do. However, with convenience comes an increased risk of injuries or death due to falls, crushing, and electrocution. Adherence to safe work practices and adequate training help keep employees safe and injury-free while using aerial lifts on the job.
This online Aerial Lifts for General Industry course is designed to teach hazards related to aerial lifts and provide best practices to ensure safety while operating or working near one.
After completing this course, users should have gained an understanding of:
- The intent and use of aerial lifts and how different types are used on the job
- The hazards associated with aerial lifts
- Training and re-training required for employees using aerial lifts
- Safe work practices including inspection, operation, and maintenance
This online Aerial Lifts for General Industry course covers the following topics:
- What an aerial lift is
- Common hazards associated with aerial lifts
- Fundamental training for safe use and operation of aerial lifts
- Inspection performance requirements
- Safe operation of aerial lifts
- Maintaining aerial lifts for proper operation
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 30 minutes
A mark of 80% must be achieved to pass this course. The course can be taken three times to achieve the pass mark.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, learners can download a certificate of completion that is also available for printing.
AERIAL LIFTS FOR GENERAL INDUSTRY ONLINE COURSE PREVIEW