CRANE SAFETY: OVERHEAD CRANES COURSE OVERVIEW
This online Crane Safety: Overhead Cranes course is designed to provide you with the knowledge required to safely inspect, maintain, and operate overhead cranes.
Upon successful completion, you should be able to:
- Recognize the primary causes of overhead crane accidents and dropped loads
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions during inspections
- List the requirements for pre-start inspections and log books
- Recognize crane hand signals
I-CAB RECOGNIZED COURSE
This content developer is recognized by the International Competency Assessment Board (I-CAB) for its expertise in this subject matter and is listed as a competency development resource for I-CAB assessment participants.
CRANE SAFETY: OVERHEAD CRANES ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
Module 1: Crane Accidents
- Types of overhead crane accidents
- The primary causes of dropped loads
Module 2: Inspection and Maintenance
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions during inspection
- Pre start inspections and log books
- Proper spooling of wire rope on hoist drums
- Inspections of wire ropes, end attachments, hoist blocks, equalizer sheaves, and hoist drums
- Testing of high and low limit switches, controls for proper operation, and hoist brakes
- Inspection schedules as per maintenance
Module 3: Basic Safety Recommendations
- The Dos and Don’ts of safe operation
- Crane hand signals
CRANE SAFETY: OVERHEAD CRANES ONLINE COURSE DURATION: Approximately 60 minutes
CRANE SAFETY: OVERHEAD CRANES ASSESSMENT: Testing conducted in this online Crane Safety: Overhead Cranes course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 70% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved on the first attempt. Print materials that further reinforce the information in this course can be accessed online.
CRANE SAFETY: OVERHEAD CRANES ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print. This certificate is valid for 36 months.
CRANE SAFETY: OVERHEAD CRANES ONLINE COURSE PREVIEW