Delivery Driver Safety for Food Service & Distribution
Food service delivery drivers have a demanding job lifting and maneuvering heavy loads.
This online Delivery Driver Safety for Food Service & Distribution course is designed to present delivery drivers with proper lifting techniques and good body mechanics to help reduce their risk of injury.
After completing this course, an understanding should be gained of:
- Appropriate pre-trip safety measures
- Safe lifting and bending techniques
- The best way to navigate stairs, ramps, doors and other aspects of the customer’s location
This online Delivery Driver Safety for Food Service & Distribution course covers the following topics:
- Shoulder and side stretches
- Back and leg stretches
- Pre-trip inspection
- Entering and exiting your truck
- Safe driving techniques
- Arriving at the customer location
- Safe work perimeter
- Lifting techniques
- Reaching techniques
- Bending techniques
- Slips, trips and falls
- Hand trucks
- Unprotected edges
- Inside the account location
- Using stairs
- Dock locations
- Leaving the customer location
Approximately 45 minutes
A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark.
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most Internet capable mobile devices with standard web browsing capabilities.