GROUND DISTURBANCE FOR SUPERVISORS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This online Alberta Common Ground Alliance endorsed course is designed for planners, managers, supervisors, and employees who are or will be required to develop, plan, and implement any kind of ground disturbance.
Upon successful completion of this course you should be able to:
- Identify and define ground disturbance
- Describe the hazards of ground disturbance
- Decide what permits and agreements will be required
- Describe how to locate and identify underground facilities
- Describe regulations associated with ground disturbance
- Describe the responsibilities for owners and ground disturbers
- Describe safety requirements
This Ground Disturbance for Supervisors course contains the same course content as a classroom delivered Ground Disturbance 201 course, and has been endorsed by the Alberta Common Ground Alliance (ABCGA).
GROUND DISTURBANCE FOR SUPERVISORS VIRTUAL PROCTORING
This course uses virtual proctoring through Integrity Advocate in order to guarantee that the learner has successfully completed the training and is in compliance with industry leading safety standards. Many companies prefer the high level of compliance that certificates with proctoring endorsements guarantee.
GROUND DISTURBANCE FOR SUPERVISORS TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
Please note that a webcam is required and will record the training session to ensure that the correct learner has completed all required training without outside assistance. You must give Integrity Advocate access to your webcam device in order to proceed and validate the certificate.
GROUND DISTURBANCE FOR SUPERVISORS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
Module 1 – Definition, Words, and Terms
- Defining ground disturbance
- Common words and terms related to ground disturbance
Module 2 – Regulations and Responsibilities
- Regulations that apply to ground disturbance
- Penalties for contravention of regulations
- Responsibilities of each party involved in a ground disturbance
Module 3 – Approvals, Permits, and Agreements
- Approvals common to ground disturbance
- Various types of ground disturbance permits
- Commonly used ground disturbance agreements
- Circumstances that may impact the ground disturbance permits and agreements required
Module 4 – Ground Disturbance Planning
- Soil types, cutbacks, and sloping according to Alberta and Saskatchewan regulations
- Reclamation process
- Techniques that can be used to minimize environmental impacts
Module 5 – Stages of Ground Disturbance
- Techniques for locating existing underground facilities
- Procedures for marking underground facilities
- Exposure process for underground facilities
- Backfill responsibilities
Module 6 – Underground Facility Contact
- Historical damage to underground facilities
- Common causes of contacts with underground facilities
- Potential consequences of contacting underground facilities
- Strategies for preventing contact
- How to prepare for a contact
- What constitutes contact with an underground facility and the procedures to follow if contact is made
GROUND DISTURBANCE FOR SUPERVISORS ONLINE COURSE DURATION: Approximately 3.5 hours
GROUND DISTURBANCE FOR SUPERVISORS ONLINE TEST: Testing conducted throughout this online Ground Disturbance for Supervisors course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved. Print materials necessary to complete this course can be accessed online.
GROUND DISTURBANCE FOR SUPERVISORS CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing. The certificate is valid for 3 years from the course completion date indicated on the certificate.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
GROUND DISTURBANCE FOR SUPERVISORS ONLINE COURSE PREVIEW: