LITHIUM BATTERY TRANSPORT ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Lithium batteries pose unique concerns when shipped by air. In recent years, there has been a significant increase in lithium battery incidents on board aircrafts. Those who may not think that they ship lithium batteries, should think again. They are a integral part of our life: cell phones, laptop computers, GPS systems and more all use lithium metal or ion batteries. Even shipping a cell phone or laptop from one location to another will require basic knowledge of the hazards involved.
LITHIUM BATTERY TRANSPORT ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- What are lithium batteries?
- Overview of federal and international regulations (IATA/ICAO)
- Use of the IATA book
- Classification of dangerous goods according to IATA/ICAO
- Using the dangerous goods list
- General packing requirements
- UN specific packaging
- Specific packaging requirements for lithium batteries
- Selecting and understanding packing instructions
- Marking and labeling
- Shipping documents: Declarations and waybills
LITHIUM BATTERY TRANSPORT ONLINE COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 2.5 hours
LITHIUM BATTERY TRANSPORT ONLINE ASSESSMENT: Testing is held at the end of the course. The test questions are designed to verify understanding of the course material and must be completed by each participant with not less than 80% accuracy.
LITHIUM BATTERY TRANSPORT ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: A certificate will be available for download and printing upon successful completion of this course.
To purchase courses for multiple users, please contact us directly.