WILDERNESS AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
The biggest danger that people face in outdoor survival situations is being unprepared. Accordingly, this online course, which includes interviews with experts on various aspects of outdoor survival, provides information that will assist you to handle most situations that you may encounter in the outdoors when help isn’t just around the corner.
WILDERNESS AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Responding appropriately to encounters with bears, cougars, moose, elk, wolves, or snakes in the wild
- Minimizing and treating bites and stings from wood ticks, mosquitoes, and bees
- Reducing exposure to Lyme disease
- Building emergency shelters in winter and summer months
- Reacting to lightning
- Staying safe around trees during normal and high-wind situations
- Signalling for help
- Making water safe for drinking
- Preventing hypothermia and frostbite
WILDERNESS AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE DURATION: Approximately 145 minutes
WILDERNESS AWARENESS ASSESSMENT: Testing conducted in this online Wilderness Awareness course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
WILDERNESS AWARENESS ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
mobile compliant This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
WILDERNESS AWARENESS ONLINE COURSE PREVIEW