DEALING WITH DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS COURSE OVERVIEW
Think of a difficult conversation you had recently. What made it difficult? What was the outcome you were hoping for? What actually happened? What would have made it go better?
This course will give you tools and strategies to manage difficult conversations so that they are productive and effective instead of frustrating. After you’ve completed this course, you’ll be able to;
- Identify reasons why conversations can become difficult.
- You’ll know how to recognize the ways a conversation can escalate.
- You’ll be able to describe the process for handling a difficult conversation once it occurs.
- You’ll be able to list the “rules” of emotion management.
- You’ll be more skilled at recognizing typical responses in difficult conversations and identifying ways to address them productively.
- You’ll be able to identify strategies to prevent difficult conversations from occurring.
- Conduct effective performance management conversations.
DEALING WITH DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS COURSE OUTLINE:
- Lesson 1: Difficult Conversations – Where Do They Come From?
- Lesson 2: Crisis Prevention Strategies
- Lesson 3: “In the Heat” Communication Strategies
- Lesson 4: Performance Management Conversations
- Case Study: Apply What You’ve Learned
DEALING WITH DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS COURSE DURATION: This course is self paced, and can be completed in approximately 60 minutes
DEALING WITH DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS ASSESSMENT: Testing conducted in this course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved on the first attempt.
DEALING WITH DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
DEALING WITH DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS COURSE PREVIEW: