Off-highway vehicles (OHVs) like ATVs and UTVs are fun recreational vehicles as well as useful work tools when jobs need to be completed in the bush. Because of their recreational status, we sometimes underestimate their potential for hazards. But their unique builds and specific operating requirements can easily make operators the victims of incidents if they are not aware of the dangers of operation.
Using live action demonstrations, animated diagrams, and interactive activities, this online ATV/UTV Safety course provides you with the knowledge necessary to operate and control your OHV both safely and effectively. Throughout the course, we cover hazards common to OHV operation, hazard controls, ATV and UTV components, and best practices for operation.
This online ATV/UTV Safety course covers the following topics:
- ATV and UTV components
- Common OHV operation hazards and how to control them
- Incident reporting procedures
- Pre-ride and post-ride inspections
- Start-up procedures for ATVs and UTVs
- Testing the drive system
- Best practices for ATV and UTV operation
- Driving on hills, slippery surfaces, soft ground, sand, and other conditions
- Characteristics of responsible operators
- Loading and winching
- Loading and securing machines for transport
- Storage and annual maintenance procedures
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 90 minutes
Testing conducted in this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smartphones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.