BACK ROADS AND TRAIL DRIVING COURSE OVERVIEW
Back Roads and Trail Driving aims to help you become a better and safer driver by providing you with the knowledge required to drive on back roads, trails, or other surfaces that are not conventionally paved, whether it be for your work or for leisure. Upon successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
In this Back Roads and Trail Driving course, the following topics are covered:
- Describe safety procedures and list safety equipment for back road and trail driving.
- Discuss driving techniques and precautions for driving on unpaved surfaces, such as dirt or gravel roads and trails, and road shoulders.
- Describe driving techniques and precautions for driving in mud, snow, water, and sand.
- Describe a variety of driving techniques for avoiding obstacles and collisions with other road users on back roads.
- Explain driving techniques and precautions for hitching and pulling a trailer.
Once you have completed the module, you will take the final test. You must achieve at least 80% to receive a certificate of completion. Don’t worry – if you don’t pass the first time, you can keep trying until you do.
BACK ROADS AND TRAIL DRIVING COURSE TOPICS
- Back road tips
- Four-wheel drive vehicles
- SUVs vs. trucks
- Driving on unpaved surfaces (e.g., gravel and dirt, snow and ice, road shoulders, sand, mud, water, and hills)
- Emergency kit
- Backing up safely
- Navigating unfamiliar terrain
- Using a trailer
BACK ROADS AND TRAIL DRIVING ONLINE COURSE DURATION: Approximately 45 Minutes
BACK ROADS AND TRAIL DRIVING: Testing conducted throughout this online Back Roads and Trail Driving course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course two times if the pass mark is not achieved on the first attempt. Print materials for this course can be accessed online.
BACK ROADS AND TRAIL DRIVING ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print. The certificate is valid for three years from the date of completion.
BACK ROADS AND TRAIL DRIVING PREVIEW: