The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) recently issued an emergency exemption from various federal motor carrier safety regulations for carriers and drivers aiding in the Coronavirus 2019 (or COVID-19) relief efforts.
This course is designed to help carriers understand the hours-of-service exemption and how it may apply to their operation.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify which drivers are eligible to use the hours-of-service (HOS) emergency exemption
- Explain how drivers should document their use of the exemption
- Describe how drivers can reduce their exposure to COVID-19
The J. J. Keller Hours of Service Emergency Exemption for COVID-19 Support online course covers the following topics:
- Which Drivers Are Eligible to Use the Exemption
- Categories of Supplies and Services that are Considered Critical
- Limitations of the Exemption
- When the Exemption No Longer Applies
- How to Document Using the Exemption
- Homeland Security’s List of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers
- Ways to Keep Drivers Safe
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 15 minutes
Testing conducted in this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved on the first attempt.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.