As an operator of aggregate hauling equipment, it’s crucial that you understand your equipment, how to safely operate it, and the safe procedures for loading and unloading the materials you’re hauling. This online course is designed to introduce you to the types of aggregate hauling equipment as well as the safety practices for operating the equipment and loading and unloading materials.
The online portion of this course covers theory only. In order to receive full certification, you must complete a competency evaluation conducted by your employer.
AGGREGATE HAULING EQUIPMENT TRAINING COURSE TOPICS
Theory presented in this course will cover:
- Aggregate definitions and types
- Aggregate hauler configurations
- Vehicle inspection station requirements
- Legislation to be aware of as a driver
- Hazards common to hauling aggregate and operating heavy machinery
- Strategies for combatting fatigue, stress, impairment, and distracted driving
- Trip inspections
- The contents of a journey management plan
- Hydraulic and air systems
- Loading and unloading aggregate
AGGREGATE HAULING EQUIPMENT TRAINING ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 90 minutes
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most Internet capable mobile devices with standard web browsing capabilities.
AGGREGATE HAULING EQUIPMENT TRAINING ONLINE PASS MARK
A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark.
AGGREGATE HAULING EQUIPMENT TRAINING ONLINE COMPETENCY EVALUATION
Upon successful completion of this online course, you must complete a practical assessment conducted by your employer. Once both the online theory and the practical assessment are complete, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.