This course is designed to educate unqualified employees (those who are not trained to work on or near exposed, energized parts) on the real, and dangerous, possibility of being injured by an arc flash.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize and avoid arc flash/arc blast situations.
- Explain what to do in the event of an arc flash/arc blast electrical emergency.
- Recognize the precautions that must be taken before a confined space is entered.
ARC FLASH / ARC BLAST AWARENESS & SAFETY ONLINE COVERS THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:
- What You’ll Learn
- Arc Flash / Arc Blast
- Introduction to Arc Flash/Arc Blast
- Causes of Arc Flash
- Lesson Quiz: Arc Flash/Arc Blast
- Lesson Quiz Arc Flash Boundaries
- Emergency Situations
- Arc Flash Boundaries (How to keep yourself safe.)
- Responding to an Emergency
- Lesson Quiz: Emergency Situations
- Lesson Quiz Responding to an Emergency
- Course Exam
- Course Exam
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 30 minutes
Testing conducted in this online Arc Flash/Arc Blast Awareness & Safety course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.