The purpose of this online Asbestos Awareness (Three-Part) course, taken in its entirety, is to provide Class III and Class IV asbestos workers with the knowledge and skills necessary to identify asbestos hazards, prevent, and control asbestos exposure.
After completing this course, an understanding should be gained of the hazards of asbestos, the nature of operations that could result in exposure to asbestos, and the importance of necessary protective controls, including work practices, engineering controls, and respiratory protection, to minimize exposure.
This online Asbestos Awareness (Three-Part) course covers the following topics:
- Asbestos Awareness – Part 1
- Recognizing asbestos
- Where asbestos is commonly found
- Operations that could result in asbestos exposure
- Potential health effects of exposure to asbestos
- Common precautions and work practices to avoid exposure
- Asbestos Awareness Part 2 – Asbestos Control Measures
- Exposure limits for asbestos
- Monitoring and medical surveillance
- Proper engineering controls and work practices to reduce asbestos exposure
- Personal protective equipment
- Response procedures for asbestos releases
- Asbestos Awareness Part 3 – Respiratory Protection
- Basic requirements of the Respiratory Protection Standard Capabilities and limitations of SCBA, airline, and air-purifying respirators
- Proper maintenance practices for respirators, including inspecting, cleaning, and storing respirators
- Signs of respirator failure
ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 2 hours
Testing conducted in this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most Internet-capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.