H2S COURSE OVERVIEW
Intended for individuals who may be exposed to hydrogen sulphide in the workplace, this course provides information to help protect individuals from exposure and explains how to deal with emergencies involving H2S.
Please Note: This program is not equivalent to the Energy Safety Canada H2S Alive in class course.
I-CAB RECOGNIZED COURSE
This content developer is recognized by the International Competency Assessment Board (I-CAB) for its expertise in this subject matter and is listed as a competency development resource for I-CAB assessment participants.
H2S COURSE DURATION: Approximately 2 hours
H2S ONLINE TEST: Testing conducted throughout this online H2S course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved on the first attempt.
H2S ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print. The certificate is valid for three (3) years.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
H2S COURSE TOPICS
- H2S physical properties
- Where H2S is found in industry
- H2S statistics
- Corrosive , toxic and flammable impact of H2S
- Points of release
- The hierarchy of controls
- Legislation and due diligence
- Personal protective devices
- Kinds of breathing equipment -self contained and supplied air breathing apparatus
- Picking the correct respiratory PPE
- H2S measurements – scales – ppm and percent
- Safe working limits – Provincial and Federal
- Detection equipment and bump testing and calibration
- Sampling using detector tubes and electronic monitors
- Emergency response plan
- First aid for H2S exposure
- Hazard assessment and risk matrix
H2S ONLINE COURSE PREVIEW